Friday, November 21, 2008

Pay Day

I don't want you to take this wrong. I know that Heavenly Father sent 6 amazing little spirits into our home. They had their talents and gifts before they ever became part of our family. They were created and existed long before I ever knew them or had any influence over them.
However, I just might be doing something right.
I went to parent teacher conferences last night and received wonderful reports. Of course I was thrilled to see all of the A's and E's for excellent. What made my heart sing, however, were the reports I received of their character: Respectful, kind, helpful, well-mannered, delightful, a joy to teach.
I don't receive paychecks or promotions as defined by worldly standards. Sometimes in the frustrations that come from raising 6 children I wonder if I am doing any good at all. More times than I care to admit. No accolades are received for the Blood, Sweat and Tears that go into piano practicing and homework supervision, very limited screen time, chore delegation with follow up...the list goes on and on. Family Home Evening lessons seem, at times, as part of a circus act.
Yet, I must be doing something right.

2 comments:

MikeJ said...

Your kids are just cadillac! Love keeping up on your family through the blog!

shan said...

Seleste,
You are doing alot of things right, just feeding 6 kids and keeping them in clean clothes is a big job, not to mention all the nurturing that goes along with each child, all I can say is GOOD JOB! You and Drew are raising up some Cadillac grandchildren!